When do you need to know there is a fire?
When high value assets, equipment or irreplaceable items are at stake, early warning of a smoke or fire problem, is essential. Our air sampling or air monitoring equipment actively pulls in room air to a special chamber where it can detect the presence of particles that are created in the very early stages of combustion, even before smoke is visible.
That provides for the most important element necessary to minimize smoke damage or prevent fire loss – TIME. We partner with VESDA to provide the industry’s most trusted line of products for air sampling early warning systems.
Some fire risks to Mission Critical Facilities include:
- Heat Density. Risk of incipient pre-combustion fire events due to high heat load from computer equipment.
- Electrical faults in wiring and/or other building systems including power distribution equipment, HVAC systems, mechanical equipment, etc.
- Human error presents a large risk either from facility personnel or outside vendors and contractors.
- Bad housekeeping such as storing cardboard boxes in critical spaces allows fires to spread more quickly.
- External risks such as natural disaster, acts of terrorism, sabotage, arson, lightning, wind, etc.
- Recirculation of air from high volume air conditioning systems required to keep your equipment cool and filter out pollutants may accelerate the growth and spread rate of a fire.
Where VERY early detection of smoke is an absolute necessity. . . there is no substitute for aspirating air sampling detection. The VESDA line of air sampling detectors is the most widely specified, installed, and has a proven track record of reliability.
Applications range from museums to telecommunications facilities, to warehouses and hotels. . .
The LaserPlus also protecting spaces up to 20,000 sq. ft and has 4 configurable alarm levels.
The LaserCOMPACT protects areas up to 8,000 sq. ft. It has 3 configurable alarm levels.
The LaserFOCUS 250 protects areas up to 2,500 sq. ft. The 500 model covers up to 5,000sq. ft. and has 4 configurable alarm levels and the latest ultrasonic airflow sensing.
|VESDA System Manager (VSM4)
Setup, monitor and troubleshoot all your VESDA systems from one PC – throughout a building, across a campus or around the world.